Benefits of amethyst
Amethyst has been known since ancient times. The Pharaohs already used it as a luxury product for making their jewelry. It also adorns the bishops’ ring, which is purple like their clothing. Hence its name “Pierre des évêques”, which is supposed to give them clarity of mind.
Amethyst has always been a symbol of elegance and nobility. It would also be linked to the sixth chakra, the so-called “third eye”, a symbol of intuition, discernment, and self-knowledge.
This stone stimulates meditation and creativity. It provides both physical and psychological benefits.
Effects on body and mind
Indeed, at the psychic level the amethyst:
- soothes stress and anxiety;
- is very effective against migraines and hypertension;
- chases away intense sorrows and anger;
- provides inner peace and promotes meditation;
- helps to fight against insomnia;
- strengthens and stimulates the immune system.
On the physical level, it:
- relieves gastric pain;
- improves liver function;
- detoxifies the blood;
- and accelerates tissue repair (for example, in the event of burns).